*******

The Bishounen Boys

Part 1: I Knew I Loved You"

By Splash

*******

 

A/N: Inspired by Savage Garden's "I Knew I Loved You" Kinda...

So it's not really a boy band... it's a band sung by males.  Good enough for me :P

 

****

 

~August 19, 2002~

 

" Have you seen the new kid?  His hair's just BEGGING for him to get punched two or three times."

 

" Yeah, but I gotta admit, he looks rather sexy with that sloppy hairdo..."

 

" I think he looks TOTALLY sexy!  Are you sure he's only a freshman?  God..."

 

" Oi, Jess, did you see the other newcomers?  I swear to God, there must be some kind of hot alien colony landing right in our district..."

 

" But none of these 'aliens' have met up with the first one yet..."

 

" Oooooooohh... THAT one... He's got a hot bod..."

 

" Hmph.  A little too feminine for me."

 

" Feminine or not, he's got something strange about him.  I tried talking to him the other day and he seemed really distant.  It wasn't just like he didn't care whether I was there, but almost that he didn't care if ANYTHING existed, not even himself, not anything... period."

 

" Whoa... getting too far out there for me, Lise..."

 

" Not really.  I just don't see why he could possibly-"

 

" Hey, why don't we go over and talk to Mr. Mop Hair?  He looks kind of lonely."

 

Another misplaced strand of chocolate brown hair made its way down Taichi's face, tickling his nose lightly.  He puffed out a sigh in an attempt to move it out of his view, but to no avail.  Sighing again, he reached down towards his bag on the floor.  Feeling around, avoiding the hairbrush, the hairspray, and the... scrunchy (guess some random girl dropped it in there..), he pulled out a blue strip of spandex..

 

" Oh my God, he looks even more sexier with a headband on!"

 

" Jess, shut up, he'll hear you!  And why are you pulling up your..."

 

A small tapping on his desk brought his attention to the blandly visible navel in front of him.  Unconcerned, he looked up to take in the view of a girl that seemed to be the most stereotypical blonde girl he had even seen in his life.  Immediately losing his interest, he switched his gaze back to the book he was reading.

 

" Hey boy, what's your name?" she chirped, slightly disappointed from the dull reaction.

 

" What's it to you?" he replied, wondering how many times he had said that in one day.

 

" Just say it."

 

There's a slight pause as the brunette gave up on his book ("The Catcher in the Rye") and stuck his bookmark (his school ID card) on the page where he left off and casually dropped it onto his desk.

 

" Yagami Taichi."

 

" Yagami?  That's certainly an unusual name," said the female who had been silent since their arrival at Taichi's desk, " My name's Lisa, but I never liked the name so everybody calls me Lise, except my parents..." she gave a low cough at the mention of the higher authority.

 

" Gomen- I mean, sorry.  I'm originated from Japan, so I'm still getting used to the American crap."

 

" Well, you sure have a good American accent for a secondary language," said " navel girl".  Taichi turned all eye contact away from her.

 

" I watch a lot of dubbed Anime," he explained, " But Yagami is my last name, not my first."

 

" Gese, then you should SAY it first!"

 

" Sorry, but a lot of us Japanese say it like that."

 

Lise paused from rubbing a smear on her khakis. " Say, doesn't that other newbie come from Japan, also?  Wow, what a coincidence."

 

' Another Japanese?  Well, at least there's SOMETHING to look into...' " Who is this person?"

 

" Navel girl" stepped in.  " His name was too hard to remember, but he's a really hot, sex- erm... blonde guy.  Yeah.  That's all I know, really."

 

After a long silence, Jess finally figured out that the boy wasn't going to reply.  Moving closer and placing a palm over Lise's ear, she whispered, " What a boring guy.  At least the blonde was more ATTRACTIVE..."

 

" So, Jess, you think material items aid in sex appeal?  I wonder if you're into bondage."

 

Right on the mark.

 

" I'm sorry, but I don't lean towards that kind of... playing," he continued, " I would hate to hear what you would say if I brought a pair of handcuffs."

 

Taichi adjusted his headband as he watched the girl flush redder and redder, giving her a wry grin.  He then stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder, leaving his first day in Portage Central High School.

 

****

 

I guess people here don't really like good hairstyle... I've seen their stares.  They try to look the other way when I catch them, but they don't know how sharp my senses are.  All the other guys look like they shaved their heads a couple days ago.... puh.

 

And the females...

 

Sluts.  All of them.  Well, maybe except that Lise girl.  She's obviously one of those types that only hangs out with the other sluts so she doesn't get picked on by them.  Inside, she's probably a sweet girl that everybody could get to like.  Although, if I were in her position, I would forget about the sluts and just be myself.  That's the best thing to do, right?

 

I walked past the school doors-

 

Only to be shoved back in.

 

" Hey, fuzzbrain!"

 

I opened my eyes to see a rough hand up close, clutching my white undershirt.

 

" Who.."

 

" WHO the hell do you think you ARE?"

 

Punch in the stomach.

 

" Huh..?"

 

" What makes you think you can be so flirty on the chicks on your first day?!?"

 

Punch in the eye.

 

" Un..."

 

A NASTY punch in the eye...

 

" Jess is MINE.  Don't go near her, you hear??"

 

How many times has he punched my eye?!?

 

" Go back to where you came from, you FUCKING BASTARD!"

 

" Hey."

 

I felt a whisk of air as the bully's head turned around.

 

" Leave him alone."

 

And as quickly as he appeared, the bully left without another word, and I didn't even get to see the person who had saved me.

 

****

 

As he wandered the school streets heading back home, he spotted a group of males playing a lively game of soccer.  He had requested to join the soccer team when he applied for the school, but the people in charge hadn't organized all his physical papers yet.  It would be a short while before he could actually start practicing with them. 

 

The few people he crossed walking down the street had given them even larger stares now that he sported a fine purple eye along with the unique hairstyle.  He approached a small intersection and tried to remember which way it was to his house.  House... he was so used to saying condominiums since he had spent all of his life in Japan in one.  Now he had this gigantic building where he could yell his head off and only his parents would complain.  But he hadn't found any time to do that yet.

 

Yet...

 

Turning left, he saw a patch of woods he hadn't noticed before on his left side.  He could've sworn he heard some kind of strange wailing noise.  He waited for the truck to drive by, which only followed by a group of noisy gossiping girls.  Normally, he would've ignored him, but he was apparently the females' subject of conversation.

 

' Jesus, these American girls really don't know how to whisper.  I can hear them like honking geese..'

 

When the girls were out of gossiping range, he turned his ear back to the woods, straining to find that sound again.  And sure enough, there it was... a soft sound of some kind of musical instrument.

 

Curious, he took several steps into the woods, and a thin shadow of a shed appeared.  He walked closer, and the music got louder...

 

And suddenly, he was at the front door, barely realizing how much his feet had carried him unconsciously.  It was a small shed, somewhat old and tarnished, but it didn't look like one of those sheds that little kids would make scary stories from.  It was made of drabby, dull, brown wood, but the roof was amazingly quite intact.

 

The melody crept into his ears, bringing his attention back to the sound.  Now the music was rather clear, and he confirmed to himself the sound of a harmonica.  But should he interrupt or not?  Knock on the door?  Start talking outside the door?  Whisper?  Yell?  Or maybe he could just leave...

 

" I would prefer if you didn't eavesdrop and just come in already."

 

Or he could be invited...

 

He pulled back the handle, emitting a small creak from the door, and stepped inside.  There weren't any windows inside, only the peeps of light creeping through the cracks in the walls.  And in the lonely corner on the other side, he saw the dim outline of the other person, his harmonica gripped in his hands.

 

" You're the new kid from Japan, right?"

 

" Yeah." Taichi made a second thought about the other boy's voice when he suddenly blurted out, " Hey, you're the guy who saved me from that bully!"

 

He stuffed his harmonica back into a pocket in his pants. " You've got a good memory."

 

" Well, it WAS just about 15 minutes ago," the brunette replied modestly, " Anyhow, um... arigatou. Kansha shitemasu." Just then he realized his primary language had taken over again and was about to correct himself, when-

 

" You don't need to thank me.  It was nothing, really.  Those bullies gave me a bit of a time when I first came here, but I can't blame them for not knowing what kind of person I was beforehand."

 

Taichi paused for about ten seconds before it hit him.

 

" Are you the other new guy from Japan?"

 

The other stood up, brushing off residue from his school uniform. " Yeah, it's nice to know there's someone else here I can speak Japanese to.  Would it be okay if I turned on the light?"

 

" Be my guest."

 

Another short pause. " Certainly." He reached up with on hand and grabbed a seemingly invisible cord, pulling it down and turning on a small, dim light barely a foot above Taichi's head.  Everything was still faint, but at least they could see the colors of the shack. " Sate to, kimi wa...?"

 

" Yagami Taichi desu."

 

The edge of the other's lips curled upward slightly. " Ah, sou.  Ore wa Ishida Yamato."

 

' Nice name...' " It's nice we can talk like this.  The people at school won't have any idea what we're talking about."

 

" So we could call them the worst things anyone could think of and they wouldn't know it."

 

Taichi gave a light chuckle. " Actually, we should be a little careful.  I heard this one story when some guys were checking out an American girl crossing their house and talking to each other in Polish, commenting about her cleavage and all that snazz.  They didn't know that this woman knew Polish, and everyday they would do the same thing when she came down their street.  So one day, she came up to them and told them off in perfect Polish, and well... guess how the guys reacted."

 

" Heh," Yamato smirked. " Well, we'll find out if the person we're talking about speaks Japanese before we say anything about 'em.  Don't worry."

 

During the awkward silence that followed, Yamato began playing with his hair a bit... ' Blonde,' Taichi observed, ' That's him, all right.  That hot, sex-'

 

" Do you want me to treat that eye a bit?  Looks like you took a few wicked ones back there."

 

Now that he thought about it, it WAS kind of throbbing...

 

But without another warning, the blonde strode over to close Taichi and placed a wet washcloth over his right eye.  Taichi winced instinctively as the coldness swept over him.

 

' Why in the world does he have a wet washcloth with him?  It's like he was expecting me or something...'

 

He wasn't given any more time to explore that thought when he felt a chilly breeze against his face.  He opened his free eye to see Yamato blowing gently on him.  The coldness stopped stinging, and he began to relax, letting Yamato's blowing ease his pain.  It felt so soothing, so comfortable, and maybe a little... erotic, even...

 

His other eye opened, now numb, and stared into Yamato's starling blue eyes...

 

Half dazed, half jaded...

 

****

Tsuzuku...

****

 

Sorry for forgetting about the other three guys ^^;;  I've been in a very Taito mood lately, but I promise to get some of the other bishounen action in the next part!  Please R+R! ^_^

 

I haven't really decided the seme/uke factors, either... I tend to see Taito fans go for anything as long as Tai and Matt are yah-yah, but the Yamachi fans tend to stick to Yama seme, Tai uke and don't really like it the other way around... but that's just from what I've seen ^^;;  I go for both (which I really dun see why people should complain about because it's still Tai and Yama ;_;).  I'm also for Daiken, but I can kind of understand where Kensuke comes from.  I just have problems with seeing a girly Dai @_@  And TK.. uh... I'll get to that later.  Actually, I see it rather amusing to put him as an all out seme... lol.

 

All right, my Japanese romanizing sux, and my Japanese grammar sux, so I make errors, just humor me, ne?  I only know the stuff I catch from watching too much subtitled Anime ^^;;

 

Arigatou. Kansha shitemasu.- "Thank you.  I'm grateful."

Sate to, kimi wa- "So, you're..."

desu- Erm.... it's pretty much a confirmation addition...

Ah, sou.  Ore wa Ishida Yamato.- "Ah, I see.  I'm Ishida Yamato."

Tsuzuku- To be Continued

 

*Edited 5/22/01, Thanx to Libek for correcting some of my newbieness ^_^

 

Splash

http://gottaito.cjb.net